Your local driving school in Suffolk
Have you been searching for a local driving instructor in your area? Our Waveney school of motoring delivers driving lessons in Lowestoft, Oulton Broad, Carlton Colville and the areas in-between.
We’re a family-led independent driving school. Unlike the national brands that also offer driving tuition near you, we are based locally in East Anglia.
Our patient and friendly instructors are ready to coach you from nervous novice right through to passing your test with flying colours! But we won’t just teach you how to pass your test – we’ll teach you good driving habits that will set you up for a lifetime of safe driving.
How to choose the right driving instructor
We understand that it can be tricky to find the perfect instructor for your needs.
Firstly, it’s easy to be overwhelmed with choice. Secondly, it can be very difficult to tell the difference between one school and another.
Well, we think it’s impossible to know for certain whether an instructor is right for you until you’ve actually taken a lesson with them. That’s why we give you your first session half-price! No need to block book hours of sessions in advance. In fact, there’s no obligation to continue taking lessons with us at all!
Take us for a test drive!
Block booking driving lessons deals can be a great way to shave money off the cost of lessons. But many other driving schools will expect you to pre-pay for 10 hours of tuition before you’ve even met your instructor. What happens if then discover that you don’t like them?
At How-2-Drive, we do things differently. All you have to do is book your introductory two-hour lesson. You pay for one hour of tuition and we’ll give you the second hour free!
Once you’ve met your instructor and you’re confident we can help you pass you can then choose to pay by the hour or unlock our block booking discounts.
…or perhaps you’ve already taken classes with another school and are now waiting to take your test? No problem. We offer test preparation and refresher courses too!
Meet your Lowestoft driving instructors
Our Lowestoft school of motoring covers your local area:
- Oulton Broad
- Carlton Colville
For driving tuition north of Corton and Blundeston our Great Yarmouth school of motoring is ready to help you pass your test!
Why choose How-2-Drive?
- Save time – pass with fewer lessons – 17 hours less than the DVSA average!
- Save money – taking fewer lessons means you save money too! Over £400, in fact.
- Pass your theory test more quickly too, with our free Theory Training app.
- Every lesson has a clear objective thanks to our structured driver training system.
- Our exclusive free Learning to Drive app will help you stay on track
- Block booking discounts for every 10-hour block you buy in advance.
- We won’t just teach you how to pass – we’ll teach you how to drive!
Grab yourself a deal
Buy one hour – get one free! When you book your introductory two-hour driving lesson you’ll only pay for one hour. Once you’ve experienced one of our lessons for yourself we’re confident you won’t be able to wait for your next session!
To take us up on our special offer, request a callback now:
What do our pupils say?
Read our reviews and see for yourself why our driving instructors come highly recommended:
Lowestoft driving lesson FAQs
Yes, you can! We now have automatic instructors for the following locations:
- Norwich — our Norwich automatic team now covers the city and the surrounding areas up to a 10-mile radius from the city centre.
- Great Yarmouth — our Yarmouth team has recently expanded and now offers automatic driving lessons in Yarmouth and Gorleston.
- Wymondham — We now have a small but perfectly formed team offering automatic driving tuition in the Wymondham and Attleborough areas.
Yes! You can take your driving test in Lowestoft. Here’s the full address of your local driving test centre:
Yes of course, provided its within our local area and you make your instructor aware before the lesson.
* According to the DVSA (the people who set the driving test) it takes on average 47 hours of driving lessons and another 20 hours of private practice to pass the driving test.
By using our structured training system we help our customers pass after an average of just 30 hours of driving lessons — that’s 17 hours less than the DVSA average!