Driving instructor training designed just for you
Hello, I’m Howard Floyd, founder of How-2-Drive the independent driving school based in Norwich. You can find me listed as a driving instructor trainer on the DVSA’s Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers (ORDIT). In fact, all of our instructor trainers are ORDIT qualified so that we can give you the best chance of success!
Working as an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) is a very rewarding career. Not only will you be your own boss who decides when or how often you work, but you’ll also get a great amount of job satisfaction. Imagine how fulfilling it is to take a pupil all the way from their first driving lesson through to passing their driving test.
Over the past 10 years I have helped many people just like you to realise their dream of becoming a fully qualified ADI. Now’s your chance to let me do the same for you!
By training to become a driving instructor with me, this is what you can expect:
Local one-to-one ADI training services
You’ll get 40 hours of one-to-one in-car driving instructor training PLUS unlimited access to our online training classes. All in-car training is delivered locally in Norwich.
Online study materials included
Included in your ADI training course are over 30 hours of online study materials. You’ll have full access to all of our SKILLS and SUBJECTS video tutorials. These tutorials come with their own workbook for you to complete as you progress through each lesson.
Your online training will prepare you to put these new skills into action with your private instructor trainer.
Grade A / ORDIT trainers
Our trainers have achieved the highest Grade A awarded by the DVSA. They have all gone on to pass the instructor trainers exams with flying results.
Earn as you learn with the PDI trainee licence
You can choose to fast-track your training by applying for a trainee licence so you can earn while you learn. The trainee licence is issued by the DVSA and gives you the legal status as a Potential Driving Instructor (PDI). You will then be able to join our school of motoring and get paid to teach our pupils.
As a PDI, you will be able to work either full or part-time during this 6 month period, during which we will continue to train and support you. This is a great way to gain valuable work experience whilst you prepare for your final Part 3 ADI exam.
What’s included in your ADI training course?
- 40 hours of one-to-one training in-car with your very own dedicated ORDIT trainer.
- Access to the our online study materials (over 30 hours of tuition).
- Access to the SKILLS and SUBJECTS course workbooks.
- All the essential books.
- Your own reflective logbook to record notes on your progress.
- Theory Test Pro software for theory and hazard perception for driving instructors.
- Our Driving Instructor Training Course Guide, which will walk you through your course step by step.
Flexible training plans
Your driving instructor training course will consist of three parts:
- Part 1 – Theory (2 hours)
- Part 2 – Driving (8 hours)
- Part 3 – Teaching (30 hours in-car training PLUS access to our online study material)
We’ll take you through each part step by step. Each part will build upon your existing knowledge and prepare you to pass your ADI exams. We’ll explain everything to you and show you how to apply each new skill. You’ll then be given time to practice and develop your instructional techniques in preparation for your tests.
You can fit your training around your current work or family commitments. Most of our students commit to either a 2 hour or a 4 hour training session each week. Your training will take around 4 to 6 months to complete. After this point you can choose to gain paid experience with your trainee licence before you go on to take your final exam.
Flexible payment plans
To keep our ADI training course fees within your reach, we are happy to offer flexible payment options. You may either:
- Buy all three parts of the course up front for just £1999, giving you a saving of £389!
- Spread the cost of your training over 12 months for a fee of £199 a month.*
* For the monthly payment plan, the total cost of the training will be £2388.
Don’t delay – take the first step today!
Fill out your details below to get your free driving instructor training guide. We’d love to have a chat with you over a cuppa!
Why train with How-2-Drive?
Here are five great reasons to do your driving instructor training with us:
- Be your own boss — you choose when you want to work and we’ll fill your diary. Choose either full or part time.
- Top notch training — you’ll get 40 hours of one to one training with one of our qualified instructor trainers who you’ll find listed on the DVSA’s Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers (ORDIT)
- Earn as you learn — you can start teaching for reward by applying for a trainee licence. You can then gain valuable experience by teaching learners in preparation for the final exam.
- Flexible payment plans — You’ll get a £389 discount when you buy your training course up front for £1999. Or you can spread the payments over 12 monthly instalments of £199.
- Flexible training plans — you can fit your training in around your current work and family commitments. All your training will be delivered locally in Norwich.
ADI training FAQs
No — sorry ADI Qualifying Test Fees are payable to the DVSA when you book your tests. It was almost all too good to be true!
Yes — if you Buy Now for £1999 you’ll save £389 off the Monthly Payment Plan which is £2388.
Usually between 4 and 6 months. Most of our students take a 4 hour class each week and will complete the 40 hours of in-car, one-to-one training in around 3 to 4 months. Once you’ve passed the Part 2 test you can then start earning whilst you complete your studies on a Trainee Licence. The Trainee Licence gives you 6 months to gain teaching experience before you take the final Part 3 exam.
This is subject to availability as Howard is the only driving instructor trainer at How-2-Drive. No-one else will be asked to train you, so you’ll only be trained by the very best ORDIT trainer. Give us a call so we can discuss your availability and agree a plan to suit you.
Want to join us?
Whether you have your PDI trainee licence or you’re a fully qualified ADI, you’ll have the chance to join our driving academy. Take a look at our Driving School Franchise opportunities to learn more.
Ready to Make a Change?
Get Your No Obligation Guide Today!
If you’re looking for a rewarding career or a fresh challenge you’re in the right place!
You’ve read this far, why not take the first simple step today?
Simply fill out your details and I’ll send your free no obligation guide straight-away: