Manual & Automatic Terms & Conditions
How-2-Drive instructors are self-employed franchisees. This means the contract for tuition is between the instructor and you. You will make all payments for your lessons directly to your instructor.
You can expect your instructor to:
- Behave in a professional, courteous and supportive way.
- Agree clear lesson objectives and with you at the start of the lesson.
- Be on time with a clean car inside and out.
- Provide you with their contact mobile phone number via the How 2 Drive Student App
- Your instructor will update all your records via the How 2 Drive Student App during each lesson. You can download this for free from the App Store www.bit.do/eNuAc or Google Play www.bit.do/eNuzV
- Progress Record
- Appointments Record
- Payments Record
- Reflective Log
- In the event you stop having lessons, your instructor is responsible for refunding the balance of payments for unused lessons, excluding any late cancellation fees.
- Give you an honest opinion as to your readiness to take the Practical Driving Test.
- Will only allow you to use their car for practical tests providing you have demonstrated a safe standard of driving. You instructor may refuse the use of their car in this event.
- Inform you as soon as possible if a lesson needs to be re-arranged due to unforeseen events.
You – the pupil
In return, we ask that you:
- Are able to read a number plate at 20 metres.
- Bring your photo card Provisional Driving License to your first lesson.
- Provide information about your driving licence to your instructor – instructions on how to do this will be provided.
- Wear sensible shoes for driving.
- Inform your instructor of any changes which may affect right or ability to drive.
- To be in a fit state for your driving lesson. ie) not on certain medication or under the influence of drugs / alcohol. If your instructor suspects you to not be in a fit state to drive, the lesson will be terminated and you will be charged.
- In the event you need to cancel a pre-booked lesson you must contact your driving instructor immediately on the mobile number they provided you by SMS (text) or phone call. Calls to the main office may not get to your instructor in time.
- You must provide at least 48 hour’s notice in this event so they can re-book your slot to another customer.
- Failure to provide this notice may result in you being charged the full amount for the missed appointment / lesson.
In the dark about driving?
Instructor driving you round the bend?
Try a new approach – our structured driver training system will get you back on track.
Prefer to get out driving straightaway? Call us now on: 01603 957 097
* According to the DVSA (the people who set the driving test) it takes on average 47 hours of driving lessons and another 20 hours of private practice to pass the driving test.
By using our structured training system we help our customers pass after an average of just 30 hours of driving lessons — that’s 17 hours less than the DVSA average!