You will pay the deposit at time of booking. Once we have booked your course with our instructor and informed you of the date this deposit is non-refundable.
The remaining balance must be paid in full to the instructor on the first day of your course. You may purchase additional training with your instructor at our current hourly rate.
If you cancel your course you will lose your deposit. If you wish to cancel a lesson arranged between you and your instructor, a 48 hour notice period is required. Otherwise, your instructor can charge the full lesson price.
Driving test booking & fees
Your course fee includes one (1) practical driving test. Provided you have passed your theory test, this will be booked by us at the same time we book your course. We will notify you of your test date and time.
Tests are subject to availability from the DVSA and waiting times may vary. We are not responsible if the DVSA cancel or postpone your test. In this event the DVSA will offer an alternative date at no additional cost and we will notify you. If you require additional tests, you will need to pay for these in addition to your course fee.
Your instructor has the right to withdraw the car from your test if you have not reached the required standard to complete a test safely and competently. Your instructor will give a full explanation of reasons for withdrawal and offer you additional training. We will postpone your test until you are ready.
If this decision is taken at least three working days before your test, no additional test fees will be payable by you. If this decision is taken with less than three working days before your test you will need to pay for a new test date.
Prerequisites to taking our intensive course
Before we can book you onto your course you will need the following:
- Your agreement that you can start and finish your driving lessons in the Norwich area.
- A valid Provisional driving licence. This must be shown to your instructor at the start of your course.
- Your agreement that your personal data will be held and processed by us in order to deliver your course.
- Your licence and theory test pass details. We will need these to book your practical driving test with the DVSA.
All our intensive driving instructors are fully qualified Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs).
How-2-Drive instructors are self-employed franchisees. This means the contract for tuition is between the instructor and you. All monies paid to them are the property of the instructor and not the driving school.
- Us / We / School / How-2-Drive – your training provider
- You – the customer, the pupil, the learner
- Instructor – your instructor, the person delivering your training
- Course – your driving tuition that has been pre booked and paid for in advance
- DVSA – Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency
In the dark about driving?
Instructor driving you round the bend?
Try a new approach – our structured driver training system will get you back on track.
Prefer to get out driving straightaway? Call us now on: 01603 957 097
* According to the DVSA (the people who set the driving test) it takes on average 47 hours of driving lessons and another 20 hours of private practice to pass the driving test.
By using our structured training system we help our customers pass after an average of just 30 hours of driving lessons — that’s 17 hours less than the DVSA average!