Covid-19: Pupil Procedures
In the wake of the coronavirus outbreak we are excited to now be able to offer driving lessons again. However, things will need to be a bit different to how they were before the pandemic broke out. As a driving lesson pupil, it’s important that you know what to expect and what will be expected of you before you attend your next lesson.
The safety of our pupils and instructors is our top priority. That’s why we have created these procedures to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus whilst you are taking in-car lessons. To help us protect you and your instructor, please read our Covid-19 pupil procedures carefully.
- Your instructor will contact you before each lesson to check whether you’ve had any symptoms or
have been in contact with anyone with symptoms. If you have, your instructor must
cancel your lesson. If this is the case, you will not be charged for the lesson. This is in accordance with our usual operating terms and conditions.
- You must wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds just before you start your lesson.
- Your instructor may advise you to wear a mask and gloves.
- You will need to wear suitable clothing that covers your arms and legs. This is to reduce the risk of
contamination. The car windows will be open when appropriate to help air flow, so please wear
- Any PPE that you have used must be taken away with you after the lesson and disposed of safely and responsibly.
- Whenever possible, please pay for your lessons via bank transfer before the lesson. Avoid using cash.
What you can expect from your instructor
- To explain to you outside the car what precautions are in place to keep you safe during the
- They will turn up to your lesson with a clean car, both inside and out.
- All hand contact surfaces in their car will have been sanitised for your safety.
- Where appropriate, they will wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- To cancel the lesson if they have any symptoms or have been in contact with others
who are showing symptoms.
- They will have completed a risk assessment for conducting driving lessons.
- Your instructor will follow and advise you of the current government guidelines. The guidelines may change at any time throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
All of our instructors have completed and passed the online training course ‘Prevent the Spread of Covid-19’. You can expect your instructor to take every precaution to protect your health and safety.
In the dark about driving?
Instructor driving you round the bend?
Try a new approach – our structured driver training system will get you back on track.
Prefer to get out driving straightaway? Call us now on: 01603 957 097
* According to the DVSA (the people who set the driving test) it takes on average 47 hours of driving lessons and another 20 hours of private practice to pass the driving test.
By using our structured training system we help our customers pass after an average of just 30 hours of driving lessons — that’s 17 hours less than the DVSA average!