We’re proud to be able to offer another exciting opportunity to work as a trainee potential driving instructor. You’ll be training and then working with our family-run driving school. We’re proudly local and independent, covering the Norfolk & Suffolk areas of East Anglia.
This job is 100% remote. No need to report in to the office and no more commuting! Work in your local area and choose your own hours. Join us on a part time or full time basis and earn up to £38,680 per year pro rata. Part time earnings begin at £22,744 per year.
Responsibilities and duties
After training, as the successful candidate you will be expected to:
- Plan & deliver client-centred driving lessons on a one-to-one basis
- Provide a safe learning environment for you pupils at all time
- Give your pupils the knowledge and understanding they need to pass their theory and practical driving tests
- Coach and support your pupils to become confident, safe and responsible drivers for life
- Deliver the National Standards for Drivers to all your pupils
- Maintain the professional standards for driving instructors set by the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Qualifications and skills
To successfully apply for this position, you will need to have:
- Held a UK driving license for at least 3 years
- Fewer than 6 points on your license
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Superb customer service skills
- Problem solving ability
- Solid organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The desire to run your own business franchise
You will also need to be at least 21 years of age.
But I’m not a qualified driving instructor!
That’s not a problem, you don’t need to have experience of teaching driving lessons. We will provide all training you need to become a fully-qualified driving instructor.
You’ll train with us to become a fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor (ADI). Our training plans are flexible and designed to fit around your existing work commitments. Depending upon your schedule, your ADI training will take between 3 to 6 months to complete.
Our founder, Howard Floyd provides full training on a one-to-one basis. Howard is a fully-qualified DVSA ORDIT trainer (he’s on the DVSA’s list of Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers). He has 10 years’ experience of instructor training and knows exactly how to help you pass your ADI exams.
There are fees applicable for the provision of your training course. Once you’ve successfully completed our training programme we’ll then offer you a position as a driving instructor with our school of motoring.
I’m already a fully-qualified ADI
Fantastic! To save us both time, you can apply for our fully qualified ADI role instead.
Founded in 2009 by Howard Floyd, our school of motoring has grown to over 30 instructors across the Norfolk and Suffolk areas of East Anglia. We are committed to continuous professional development and train our instructors to deliver a high quality lesson every time. Now we want you to become part of the team that helps thousands of people pass their driving test every year.
Due to increasing demand for driving lessons in our catchment we are now looking for our next trainee instructor to join our team in 2019.
Apply now and we’ll call you back.